White Wolf: Dark Aeon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White Wolf: Dark Aeon

White Wolf: Dark Aeon is a world of fantasy and horror and intrigue. We strive to enhance your gaming experiance with rich history, mystery, horror, and versatility.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Stuff possible

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

New Stuff possible Empty
PostSubject: New Stuff possible   New Stuff possible Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:36 am

Ok gang because fallens seems to like being overly grumpy now with almost any core i am building i figured what i would do is make the server more white wolf. In the fact that i go through and script things for the vampires that are true disciplines of ww. So what do you think if i say i want to take away vampire's Bat, Mist, and wolf form that you all get right now. And give you the chance to pick your powers as you level up. There will be around 7 disciplines that will each have 3 to 5 levels in them then there will be other various types of disciplines that are clan specific. This would allow you to tailor your character to what you want them to learn and know not give every vampire the same powers until epic levels. How i basicly want to do it is give vampires a token then you will take those tokens to a npc trainer who will help you exchange out those tokens for your powers. This will also bring back into play the importance of clans, but at the cost of the coffins which i can live with. But i want your guy's thoughts on the matter before i go through and do all this work on something that is just going to piss you all off.
Back to top Go down
-Jakey-

-Jakey-

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-05-19

New Stuff possible Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stuff possible   New Stuff possible Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:23 pm

I like the idea. Would add alot more diversity to the vampires, instead of having them all able to go "poof" and explode into bats, or slowly disintergrate and turn into a fine mist.

Two thumbs up! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://youfail.org/
Jivendus

Jivendus

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-05-20

New Stuff possible Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stuff possible   New Stuff possible Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 7:14 pm

I personally would still like to see Bat form or other versions of it usable to return to our coffins, perhaps special scripted versions as well such as a Mummy Dust effect for Tremere which could simulate us turning into a bloody mist to escape, or perhaps even blood itself.

Overall it sounds good, I would like to see a layed out detailed example beforehand to fully give my ideals on the matter but a fully customizable character sounds great. (Since I hate, and have no need for Wolf form)
Back to top Go down
Riei

Riei

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-03-16

New Stuff possible Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stuff possible   New Stuff possible Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:01 pm

GREAT IDEA!!!
I fully support it

if it means getting rid of the coffins, even better, vampires dont sleep in coffins in WW anyway

but
will vampires be back into being undead(being affected by heal and undeath to death)

would be nice if it fixed that too ^^
Back to top Go down
Viktor

Viktor

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-03-26

New Stuff possible Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stuff possible   New Stuff possible Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:47 pm

i like the idea, however there are 2 things that need to be implemented in some way that i feel are ideal to to the class.

1: there has to be some sort of sanctuary/recall spell for the class. as of now when we are caught in the sun we use bat form to return to safety from the suns harmful rays. this can easily be created with a recall stone (i know i made one once in the toolset wasnt very hard). this would allow us to escape to safety and teleport back to the saved location just as the bat form does now. perhaps maybe one where we can set the locations ourselves like the bat form script from Fallen's

2: if you plan on taking out coffins thats fine. but im against vampires being on the Fatuige system as we are no longer living, there should be some other way of nuristment/resting than what is presented to the living races.

if you can do the above then you have my vote
Back to top Go down
-Jakey-

-Jakey-

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-05-19

New Stuff possible Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stuff possible   New Stuff possible Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 3:56 am

What night is saying isnt that shes getting rid of all of the current abilities.
Well...She may get rid of a few useless ones (Wolf Form blergh) but the plan is to make it so that you dont get the abilities automaticaly as you progress. You have to choose the ones you want as you become stronger. Vamp form, Mist and the like more than likely will remain, but not everyone will get them.
Back to top Go down
http://youfail.org/
Cliveta

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-11

New Stuff possible Empty
PostSubject: Vampires   New Stuff possible Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:16 am

Sounds like you are making them more powerful with the recall request. A vampire in WW would not be able to do anything but run like mad until he either got to safety or died if he was caught in the sunlight. the intense pain of the sunlight would cause him not to be able to focus and thus, not be able to transform or do any special powers,and would shortly cause him to become enraged and uncontrollable. The sun should cause them a set damage that would kill even a vampire with a 30 con at first level when touched by it. rather than setting them all, even epic vamps to 1 hp instantly, they should take say, 30 hp per round and die if not able to get out of the sun, period. That is what would really happen anyways. I like the idea of the versatilaty in leveling up. I hope you can do the same for the other races also Smile
Perhaps for the vampires, remove the rest option, and input the ability to gather blood from victims, and have them feed. like based on the size of the creature they bite, have it automatically draw off a certain size container of blood which then could be used when they are by the system, growing fatigued, and affect them as if they rested.
Back to top Go down
Riei

Riei

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-03-16

New Stuff possible Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stuff possible   New Stuff possible Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:15 am

cool ideas about the feeding thing there, dont think it would be easy to scipt tho

and about the sun, cliveta is right

vampires when are caught in the sun have a limited amount of options
run to the neares shadows
mainpulate the shadows to cover you(lasombra only)
enter the earth(protean level 3 skill I believe)
or
die horribly

I blieve vampires are burnt in sunlight, while kindred of the east rot, well it doesnt matter, both ways are kinda horrible ways to die
Back to top Go down

New Stuff possible Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stuff possible   New Stuff possible Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:54 pm

I will answer a few questions. Yes other races will be getting it namely the garou... but they are far more difficult to do and will have to venture into the umbra to learn their powers. Second there are a few powers in the higher levels of vampire disciplines that would protect and shield you from the sun. Rest system going to try and make it unique not sure how well that will work it may take me a short bit to get all of that turned off with the killing of fallens.

A general look at things as they are possibly going to be i wil use Obfuscate as an example

* cloak of shadows- to remain hidden so long as your not moving
**Unseen Presence- To become invisible to others so long as you to not attract attention
*** mask of a thousand faces- Change your appearence and mannerisms to mimic someone else.
**** Vanish from the minds Eye- disappear right in front of someone
***** Cloak of Gathering- Extend your onfuscate powers to others

more advantaced powers-

Gemini's Mirror- Move around invisible while an image of you is visible and acts normally

mind blank- Protect your mind from those who would attempt to read it

Horrid Coutenance- Take the appearence of a monstrous entity that every person sees as a nightmare.

not all disciplines will have this many levels but this is one example of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Stuff possible Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Stuff possible   New Stuff possible Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Stuff possible
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
White Wolf: Dark Aeon :: General Game Play discussion :: General-
Jump to: